Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Friday, October 14, 2011

Website...




 We have a website! One of the members of our group has created a website: www.arteaphotography.net. The first picture on the left hand side is the original website. It is quite plain with nothing special. It has a lot of links back to tea - when you opened the website it said "start the brew" and when you clicked on it you got the the main page. The website has a home page - which would have a short introduction, an exhibition page - which would have a little explanation about the venue and where it is located. The next page would be of the photographers and have a short bio of them. In the contact us section it would have each of our emails and websites and finally the sponsors page would have all the names of the sponsors.
The second picture shows a new layout of the website with the new logo on it. From this page you can also see we have set up a facebook page as well as a twitter account to keep people updated and maybe get more people interested in our exhibition. I wasn't a big fan of the layout so I had a chat with the guy who designed the website and told him my idea, which brings us to the third picture. This is just created in word, nothing fancy, just showing him how I'd have our website designed. The original website designed said it was too generic, but we decided to post it on the facebook group and see what the rest of the group thought of it. Both of us, however, want something simple and easy to navigate.

No comments:

Post a Comment