Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Henry Moore...

A few years ago I went to visit the Henry Moore foundation with my Fine Arts class. It is a whole new way of exhibiting work. Moore's sculptures are scattered across a massive stretch of land so when visiting you can both enjoy the outstandingly large sculptures as well as the beautiful scenery.
The video above explains more about his sculptures and the reason why he wants to display them in such a way. 
The video doesn't relate to photography but I think it is important to look at this kind of exhibition space as well. It is the complete opposite of what we have got at the moment. We have got a small easily crowded space whereas Henry Moore has got the whole countryside. When I was at his sculpture park there was so much empty space, yet it didn't seem empty. The sculptures were placed quite far apart from one another - for some sculptures it took about 5-10 minutes to walk between them. It it almost like a massive build up for his work. When walking towards it, it looks small in the distance but keeps getting larger and larger. Once you get there you are able to walk through the sculpture and look at the close details. It is inspiring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment