Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Meeting...

We had another team meeting on Monday where we discussed our progress from the last team meeting as well as look at what we still need to do. We haven't been able to find a venue for the bake sale as of yet, so I decided it might be possible for me to have a bake sale at my old school. We had a few fundraisers back when I still went there and always managed to earn a lot of money. The only downfall of this is that it would cost about £20 to get there by train and then we'd need more money to bake everything- in the end we might loose more money than we earn. We are also contacting a pub called the Fawcett inn and asking them weather we could possibly host a quiz night as a fundraiser. The Fawcett inn are trying to make their pub more of a student pub and hopefully will be interested in something like this.

We also need to get a floor plan for Ultraviolet. We have got the dimensions now so we know what to do with the place, but if we have a floor plan we can start to draw in where we would put the chairs and tables  etc. We also need to phone up the owner of Ultraviolet to ask him when the money and the deposit are due by. Everyone is giving Laura (who is in charge of all the money) £20.70. This covers the deposit, the space, the website and the ingredients for the cakes.

Together with another member of the group, I have been assigned to look into getting chairs and tables. There are many cheap places on Fawcett Road so we need to ask whether it is possible to rent, purchase or put a deposit on some of the items. Dominic has just got back to us saying that a place called "the ark" on Albert Road sells chairs for about £5 or less. They would all be mismatched and odd chairs, but it is worth looking into. My friends housemate works at the Fleet and he recently got a stack of wooden garden chairs. I might be able to get those from him for free. Although they wouldn't be very comfortable I suggested that we could put pillows on them to make it look nice and comfortable.

As I am still part of the advertising team, I am also in charge of emailing printing companies to see whether we can get any kind of discount on our prints. As I mentioned in the last post, I have contacted vista print and have been looking into a few more companies regarding printing services. I haven't heard anything back yet, but we'll just keep trying!

We also decided it's time to promote our event on facebook. We are creating both a facebook page (for people to "like") and an event page. The facebook page will be similar to the blog as we will regularly be posting updates regarding the process of our exhibition along with bake sales we will host and other fundraising events. The event group will have details of the exhibition and will work as an online flyer!

We have also decided on the opening times of our exhibition. The opening night, Thursday the 8th of December, and Friday the 9th of December we will open from 1pm until 6pm. We decided we wanted to have an afternoon tea time exhibition rather than an evening exhibition. Although this does limit us in the sense that business people will be working between those hours we decided that on Saturday we will be open from 11 until 6. This will give us the whole day to appeal to people who work on weekdays.

We have another meeting coming up on Wednesday where we will discuss everything mentioned above and to see how far we have gotten. On Thursday we have to present our work in a marked presentation so therefore we have decided to meet on Thursday as well to get all the finished touches done. We need to have as much sorted as possible by Thursday!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks god Elaine, very impressed!
    Looking forward to updates as they come...
    Best wishes, Eric

    ReplyDelete