Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Venue...

We got the contract for Ultraviolet which is pretty straight forward. It says we cannot play loud music, aren't allowed to have access amounts of alcohol and can't break anything. We are getting the venue for two weeks but are only paying for one. We have decided we want the venue from the 28th of November until the 12th of December. This way, in the first week we have it we can display our artea photography posters in the window. This might be able to spark some interested for the locals who walk past it everyday. 

It is about 90% certain that we have the venue next door as well. I phoned the company again because I hadn't heard anything back and the lady who I spoke to last time explained that she contacted the owner and he said it would be fine to get the venue if it hadn't been rented out by then. Because the exhibition is only 5 weeks away, she said it is highly unlikely someone is going to rent it out before then. She also told me that we could get the venue for free and have it for a whole week! The owner is currently on holiday but will be back today. The lady I spoke to will phone the owner again to decide when I can pick up the keys and so I can get a quick viewing of the place. After she has done that she will phone me again. 

Adam has spoken to Joe Alabaster (Ultraviolet Owner) and asked him whether he has a risk assessment for the place, he doesn't so we will have to make our own. He also asked if Joe has a ramp for wheelchair access and he does! He'll put that in for the opening. The problem is that we have found out that Tyran's wheelchair doesn't fit through the door, at the moment we are hoping that the door to the second venue will be large enough to fit a wheelchair through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment