Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Monday, October 3, 2011

Harder than I thought...

Today I phoned the venue in the post below, I had a whole script ready explaining who I am, that I go to the University of Portsmouth, which place we would like to rent, when and how long we would like to rent it and what we would rent it for. I was rather proud of myself actually. However, the lady on the phone simply said: "We haven't got any suitable places for you and the property isn't available". Great. Looks like it might all be a bit harder than I originally predicted. 

On the bright side, I have been looking at more places we can exhibit our work including a lovely empty pub off of Elm Grove (right). On the sign it read: "This pub is temporarily closed, sorry for any inconvenience... If you wish to gain access to this site please call..." I hope that this might work out a bit better than the last location. Let's just wait and hear what everyone else has to say about the look of this pub before making any calls!

No comments:

Post a Comment