Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Friday, October 7, 2011

Meeting...

Before yesterday's lecture, we all met up and discussed what we had done so far and what we still need to achieve. First the people on the venues team discussed what they had done, including me! We have phoned all the venues which we have found (a lot!!) but didn't have any luck. Most of the venues didn't want to lease their place for less than 3 months. Seeing as we only need it for a couple of days that was a definite no. One of the places we rang told us that someone was currently interested in their property, however if for some reason it was to be empty in December, we could have it. For one of the venues I rang I got a voicemail so I left a message and hopefully they'll get back to me soon. Fingers crossed!

Next the sponsor and fundraising team told us what they had done. Naomi emailed a lot of online magazines to ask them if they could publish an advert for us. Some of them got back to her and said that they could! They have also looked into contacting hp, canon, nikon, fuji, jessops and other camera related companies for any kind of funding or help. Another member has emailed Portsmouth council and asked whether we needed to have a license to serve alcohol at our event, they told him that we didn't need a license because we weren't selling anything but it would be advised to hang up "challenge 21" posters to make sure no minors drink. 

No comments:

Post a Comment