Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Next door...

When we visited Ultraviolet, about a week ago, we saw that the place to the right of the gallery was empty. We all thought it would be a brilliant idea to phone them up and ask whether we could hire that space as well. This would mean we would have enough space to both put work up on the wall as well as have our portfolio's and a little sitting area for the teas and cakes. However, everyone kind of kept putting it off. We were so excited about having Ultraviolet and designing leaflets and creating websites and facebook groups we kind of lost track of the idea of hiring next door. 
This morning I decided to (finally) phone them up and ask them whether it was possible. I spoke to a very kind lady and explained to her what we were looking to do. She said it shouldn't be a problem and told me she would phone up the landlord and ask him whether it was possible and how much it would cost. She will ring me back at some point tomorrow or during the weekend to let me know what's going on. Hopefully we can get the space next door for a reasonable price, it would solve some of the issues we've got at the moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment