Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Twitter...

I decided I wanted to be in charge of the Twitter page. This is my very first time on twitter, ever, so it's been a bit of a complicated start. The most difficult thing on twitter must be the fact that everything has an extremely short word limit, as you can tell I quite like typing away! When I logged onto the page there was 1 post and we had 0 followers. Not a great start! I added a few more updates and decided to contact lots of local twitter companies (that look into events around Portsmouth) and asked the whether they could possibly promote us. 
To the left is a little snapshot from our twitter feed. If you click on it the image will be enlarged. It shows all the tweets I've written to other twitter groups but also shows that we have 4 followers! Pretty exciting news! I'm still not quite sure how to use twitter, but I quite like it. It's something new and interesting and I'm always up for learning new stuff. 


The image below shows that we are promoting our twitter on facebook. This might results into more followers as well. Tom brother is also on twitter and has a few followers so Tom is going to see whether he could get his brothers followers to follow us as well. I think right now I'll have to keep tweeting and hope to gain more followers!


No comments:

Post a Comment