Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

New Creatives

On Thursday the 15th I had my first New Creatives event. I went to Portsmouth College for a little introduction meeting. Oliver started off by introducing himself and he opened up his website and chatted about his work and how he creates his work. After that I introduced myself and also showed my website. I talked a bit about what kind of photographer I want to be and explained what work I've been doing since on the course.

After the introduction we all sat around a large table, each of the students got some post-it notes and wrote their initial ideas on there. We went around the group (about 12 students) and everyone talked a bit about why they wrote this idea down. The theme is "Does making things make us human?". We started to think about this that make us human. Some of the ideas that people brought up were babies, emotions, dreams, clothes and much more. After we discussed some ideas, Oliver asked the group which idea they are most interested in from the ones written on the post its. A lot of people really liked the idea of emotions and dreams.

For the next workshop we will start to discuss some of the ideas that people have come up with. I spoke to Oliver about how we do this at my university and told him about the 5 thinking hats approach (couple posts back). You start off with general information about the project, then everyone gives a positive opinion, then you start to think about the project if you had no restrictions (eg. all the money in the world). After that you discuss the critical things about the project, so what can still be worked on, and finally we'd sum op the project and think what each student could do next. Oliver really liked the idea and said I could lead the next workshop! It'll be really exciting to lead the workshop and it'll give me valuable teaching experience.



No comments:

Post a Comment