Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Saturday, October 29, 2011


We have finally got a leaflet design. It has taken a while because everyone was looking for different things. During the meeting we had on Thursday, we looked at all of the leaflets that had been designed so far and decided to make something that included everything. We really liked the idea of having a photo of teas and cakes on the leaflet, although in the end it just looked a bit too full.
The final leaflet design has been created by Tom and I. We looked at all the leaflets and all the information that had to be on the leaflet. We didn't want the leaflet to look to busy nor too empty. We wanted to show it was an exhibition and that we are part of the University of Portsmouth. It shows our other networking sites as well as our website and a QR code. It shows two sponsors as well as the obvious information such as what, when and where. 

We decided on printing 5000 leaflets, although in the meeting everyone agreed on the fact that 5000 might be a bit too much, although 500 wouldn't be enough. I emailed aboreal printing (who gave us the best deal) to see whether we could print 1000 leaflets. I haven't heard anything back yet, but hopefully I will soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment