Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Logo...


It has been a bit tricky to come up with a logo for our group. Although someone in the group does have a graphic designer friend, we still had to come up with a basic idea of what we want. We played around with a few ideas but the mean idea that stuck was that we wanted to link the title back to the theme of photography: territories. The first logo that got posted on the facebook page was rather simple and I wasn't a big fan of it (right). To me it seemed to be a bit too simple and too bold. It didn't quite look like an event everyone would want to go to. We played around with the word territory and thought about "terror tree", although this was more seen as a joke and something to play around with a logo had been created (left). Everyone loved it, but wasn't something that could be taken too seriously. We weren't sure what we should do from here and left the logo designing for a couple of days until Laura came up with a clever idea: 

Laura Hegarty
Right, I've been thinking and sort of talking about this with Tom and Hannah, How about Artea- like Arty... But rather than giving out booze and stuff we could do tea and cakes- this will be a cold December afternoon/ evening after all! We could also do like Mulled Wine or something. Let me know what you think, I'm gonna do some sketches mess about with a logo, I'll upload them once I've done it.

Everyone really liked the sound of that idea, having beer and other alcohol is something quite typical, most people are likely to have this at their event, but who would think of having cakes and tea? Having this idea in mind the logo started to fit into place as well and this has been created (right). The title and the leaf have both been created by Laura, however the end product is a mixture of everyone's opinion. At first the logo didn't have "photography" on the bottom so I suggested that perhaps underneath the title, in a smaller font, the word "photography" should be added. Tom then added it and reposted this image. As of right now this is our logo, we might still make small adjustments to it, but until we have a venue, a date and a time, not much more can be done about the leaflets!

No comments:

Post a Comment