Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Matt vs glossy


 The images to the left came in the post today, they are the 15x10’’ glossy and matt test prints. Unfortunately they came out incredibly dark and a lot of the detail was gone. I got in contact with photobox to see whether they could do anything about it and the scheduled the photos to be reprinted.

Elaine de Vries: yes they are both very dark
 EN - Mohamed Ali Hassan: ok I will pass this on to the tech team to adjust and then we will arrange a redo for you at no extra cost can you please give a few days and I will get back to you via e-mail
 EN - Mohamed Ali Hassan: can you just confirm the file is set for an sRGB colour code
 Elaine de Vries: I just checked, they are both set for an sRGB colour code
 Elaine de Vries: Thank you for getting them reprinted at no extra cost
 EN - Mohamed Ali Hassan: at Photobox we aim to provide both excellent products as well as service and have failed to do so on this occasion. 

They were incredibly kind and offered to reprint them at no extra cost. Hopefully when I receive the newly printed images they turn out a lot better. As for the quality of the images, they look fantastic printed! It’s nice to see them like that rather than on a laptop screen. The large format print is definitely better as the sky is similar in every photo, whereas the digital file has a cloudy sky in one of them. I like the matt finish, you can really come right up to the image and see all the detail, whereas with glossy it reflects a lot of the light and it’s a bit distracting. However, I think the glossy print looks more expensive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment