Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Proposal For Next Semester

Along with the practical project, workbook, blog and the dissertation, we also need to write a practical proposal for our project in the second semester. Although it doesn't seem like we have that much to do, it's a ridiculous amount of work. Both my practical project workbook and my research workbook have over 180 pages in Microsoft word!
Anyway, I have already started to work on my proposal for next semester because I don't want to have a last minute panic during my deadlines. It isn't finished yet but I've already got a concept:

I want to combine photography with a time lapse video. Before my first semester project I never thought about making a time lapse, but now I can’t stop thinking about it. I want to shoot in the same location as my set brief project. However, instead of only looking at landscapes, I want to go into more detail about the plant life. I want to make use of macro photography in order to create an abstract photograph of the plants. Alongside these abstract photographs, I want to have a time lapse looking at the landscape. This will convey the context of the photos. The time lapse I created for the first semester project was straight to the point, with landscape shots similar to my final piece. For this project I’d like to look at some more interesting angles, as well as use a camera slider to introduce movement.
For my set brief I started off using digital and later went into large format. I plan to do the same thing for this project. I bought myself a new Canon 7D camera over the summer and I have a 90m macro lens that goes does to f/2.8, and I have a 50mm lens that has an aperture of 1.8. Both of these would be great to use. At the same time, the large format camera will capture an incredible amount of detail which will be key if I want to print off my images large. For the time lapse, I used a gopro at first. The images came out with a massive wide angle effect and I had to edit every picture to get rid of that effect. Therefore, I will be using either my Canon 7D or my Canon 1000D. I already have an intervalometer for my Canon 1000D, and if I end up using that camera it means I can work on both the time lapse as well as the macro photography in one day. I will want to play around with both cameras in order to decide what gives me the best result. Finally, I will want to purchase a DSLR camera slider. I have found a couple on eBay and Amazon for £100.

No comments:

Post a Comment