Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Monday, October 15, 2012

Large Format Photoshoot 2


I started this Photoshoot at 10.30 in the morning on the 14th of October and finished at 12.30. I took 5 photographs: one of each stage and a second one at the woodland stage. It started off as an incredibly sunny day, however, as the day went on it started to get a bit cloudier. I think this is due to the fact it was a very wet and cold night and early in the morning you could see steam coming off of the plants creating condensation.
1.    Heathland: aperture 22 1/60 second
a.      I started the shoot off in the heathland this time. It was a beautiful and cold morning. The sky was completely clear and the sun was really bright. I shot at a different area of the heathland as I didn’t want to repeat the same photos again. It was a much larger field than the photo from yesterday, but I have never shot of this field before because the sun was always behind it. I decided to use a higher aperture to make sure everything in the photo is in focus. Obviously I can’t go back and check after the first shoot so it’s all about hoping that I got it right.
2.      Clearing: aperture 22 1/125 second
a.      Before the Photoshoot started I looked over all the previous shoots I’ve had so far and I found a photo of the chopped down area that I ended up not selecting as one of my favourites. However, looking back I really love it, so I decided to shoot in the same direction (photo right). Again the sky was completely blue and there weren’t any clouds.
3.      Woodland: aperture 22 1 second
a.      The woodland was quite a tricky area because of the sun and the shadows and trying to get an exposure in the middle. For that reason I took two photographs in the same place using different settings. The first picture needed a 1 second expose according to the light meter, but this is really long, so for the second photo I wanted a bit of a smaller aperture so that the speed would be a bit quicker. Again, I stayed in the same area as yesterdays shoot (photo right) because it was my favourite area.
4.      Woodland: aperture 16 ¼ second
5.      Overgrown: aperture 16 1/125 second
                    a. Lastly, I looked at the overgrown area. I went to a completely different area that I did yesterday to get as much variety as possible – I wasn’t happy with these photographs for ages. At this point the clouds started to come in and created shaded areas. I had to be quick in order to have my photographs in the sun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment