Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Monday, October 15, 2012

Large Format Shoot 1 preview



These are some pictures taken during my first large format shoot. They were taken by my dad. Using the large format was actually easier than I expected, but obviously I can't really say too much yet as they haven't been developed. I'll be able to be confident when the pictures have come out... hopefully! The photo to the left is taken underneath the camera cloak. This is what I see when I take the picture. It's upside down, and obviously nowhere near as bright as a camera screen would be! It's quite hard to get everything in focus, especially because to get this view you have to put the aperture on 5.6 (the lowest) but my photos were taken on 16! It's just fingers crossed that everything in my images is in focus! 

The photo to the right is me actually taking the photo shown above. At the moment I'm just lining up the shot and making sure the camera is straight and things like that. When I took the photo I didn't need the cloak over my head. 

Taking the photo is probably the most stressful thing in the world, and before I took the shot I had to take a couple breaths to get rid of my nerves. Obviously I couldn't wait too long because I was working with available light. Anyway, taking the photo is scary, because you've set up the whole photo and you think it's all going to be ok, but really, you don't know what you've got until it's processed! I can't just quickly take a peak to see if everything worked out fine, like you would on a digital camera! This shoot took almost 2 hours and I only took 4 photos. When I used my camera I would take about 100 photos in 2 hours! 

No comments:

Post a Comment