Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Monday, October 15, 2012

Large Format Shoot 2 Preview

 As you can see from all three of the photos in this post, it was a beautiful day to shoot. I went out shooting at 10 in the morning and it was just all over blue, but also incredibly cold! At about 12 it started to get more and more cloudy. The photo to the left shows the first area I was photographing. It was the heathland stage and I'm right in the middle of the heathland taking a light meter reading. I was shooting with the sun to the side of the camera, and some of the light made strange reflections in the photo, so when I actually took the photo I had to shade the lens.

 The photo to the right is in the cleared area, where I took my second photo. You can see the gopro in the background taking a time lapse of the process of taking a photograph. The large format camera was really interesting and setting up the perfect shot took so much longer than it would with a digital camera, that I thought a time lapse would be great! On the ground you can see all of the stuff I brought with me, including two tripods, the large format camera, slides, the camera bag and the gopro. Luckily my boyfriend was able to help me carry things.

Lastly, this shot was taken in the woodland stage. It is about the same location as the first large format shoot, but because the sun was out the photo would look completely different. Again, you can see the gopro just left of the camera recording the movement of the sun and the clouds coming through. This photo was the hardest to line up because the landscape isn't completely straight and the grass has different heights everywhere. Hopefully it turned out fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment