Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

New Creatives Portsmouth

 On the 25th of January Oliver and I went back to Portsmouth College to see how everyone is doing on their projects. There's beena massive improvement from last time. Sarah, the lady in charge at Portsmouth, has been the most organised person ever, making sure all her students had some work ready on a USB stick for us to have a look at before starting. We had a quick flick through all the work and everything looks great! There is quite a variety of work including photography, graphic design, fashion/textiles etc.

After Oliver and I were updated about everyone's project, we sat in one of the rooms and had a group discussion about each persons work. It was great to see that the students had gained a lot more confidence and were more able to talk about their projects. On the 1st of February, both Portsmouth and Havant college have to submit their labels to Aspex gallery, so they have to know the title, size, format etc. It's super early, since the opening is only in March, and because of that's it's hard to say how everyone's work will be presented. We helped students think of titles and had a chat about how to present their work.


After we spoke about everyone's work, I had a quick one-to-one with one of the girls who wants to do a photography project. She wasn't sure how to go about composing the shots so we talked about some techniques she could use.

Although the New Creatives brief says we should have three visits to each college, we decided it might be best to visit the students one more time closer to the time of the exhibition to see the final pieces and help out with the final bits and pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment