Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Sunday, January 20, 2013

New Creatives

This is a long overdue post. Before the Christmas holiday, both Portsmouth college and Havant college came to Aspex gallery to have a look around and to see where they will be exhibiting their work. It was nice for the students to look at the place and imagine their own work hanging on the wall. They sketched the area so that they could look back onto it when creating their final pieces. Whether they display their work on a white wall or on a brick wall could make a huge difference to the look of things.

Next week I'll be visiting Portsmouth college for their last tutorial session. After that we will all be selecting the 20 best works (although since the groups are smaller than 20, everyone can hang their work) and finally in March Havant and Portsmouth college will deliver their work to Aspex gallery. The exhibition will be on the 8th of March.

No comments:

Post a Comment