Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Friday, January 11, 2013

52 week challenge: Week 1

I went to school with a girl called Caitlin McColl, she was two years older than me so I didn't really know her too well. When she graduated from High School she moved back to Australia to study photography in Melbourne. Over her time on the course she became really passionate about pet photography and started her own business. She is now quite a popular photographer in Australia! This is her website: http://ragamuffinpetphotography.com.au/

When I made the decision to go to Melbourne, I immediately thought of her and asked whether I could do some work experience with her. She agreed and we'll sort something out closer to the time.

Anyway, she recently started this project with a lot of other pet photographers called the 52 week challenge where you get a different theme every week and take a photo. I was so inspired by her project that I decided to look for one too. I only have a little hamster so a pet related one wouldn't work out too well, so I stumbled upon this one:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/2012weeklypic

It started in 2012, but they're continuing it this year. The theme of the first week was "Living" and the second week is "Tall". I think I've got the perfect picture for week one. On the first day of the new year my boyfriend and I went to London to go on the London Eye and the Aquarium. The photo to the left is my photo for the theme "Living". Since my boyfriend and I are moving to Australia (and hopefully staying there for a very long time) we want to embrace our time in England and do the things we've always wanted to do, but never really got round to doing it. We're living life to the fullest!

No comments:

Post a Comment