Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Sunday, January 13, 2013

52 Week Challenge: Week 2

The theme of the second week is "Tall". The first that came to mind was my dad, he's pretty tall... but he's at home and I'm in Portsmouth so that's not happening. I starting to think about buildings and taking photos from a high point looking over a city which then led me to the Spinnaker. Since I moved to Portsmouth (2010) I've always wanted to go up the spinnaker, but didn't get round to doing it or kept putting it off. We looked at the weather forecast and luckily it said today was going to be partly cloudy, instead of miserable and rainy.
We only got out of bed at 10, realised it was clear blue skies, and were at the Spinnaker by 11. It was amazing! I never really knew what it would be like up there. It had three stories the first one had the glass floor, where I took the picture of this week (left). The second floor had a cafe and the third one was right at the top. 

After we went down again, I took a photo from the bottom up. Both pictures are unedited!

No comments:

Post a Comment