Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Pub Quiz...



The pub quiz was a lot better than I expected it to be. I was worried that hardly anyone would show up and that the atmosphere would be a bit awkward, but it was the complete opposite! There were seven different teams of 3-5 people each and there was a very lively atmosphere. Even the bar staff was playing along! As you can tell from the photo below, all of the pub quiz teams had very mature names.

The pub quiz team had set up a projector which showed the questions and also read them themselves using a microphone. Everyone seemed to have a great time, and there was quite a bit of rivalry between the groups. First, second and third place all got prizes ranging from vouchers, a bottle of sparkling rose and a box of chocolate celebrations. There were also two breaks where people could get another drink, go outside for some fresh air or buy some cakes! The cakes we had left over from the bake sale were sold for a reduced price. 


I took part of the pub quiz as I hadn't seen any of the questions or answers. The quiz started off with general knowledge questions and we were rocking it. We knew the answer to every question so we thought we would easily win this quiz. Although as the quiz continued we had a lot more blank spaces.. In the end we became 5th - which isn't too bad! 

Together with the bake sale on the previous day, we made £112.19! That's a lot of money! That's more than we paid for the leaflets! As mentioned in a previous post, we will keep this money together and use it for anything that still needs to be paid for towards the exhibition and the left overs will be split between us all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment