Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Email...

I have emailed my former principal and art teacher and asked whether they could help promote our event. This is the message I included:

As part of my photography course this year we are required to set up and curate our own exhibition. We have to start off with finding our own venue and have to do everything including finding sponsorship and advertising our exhibition. As an ex-student, I thought it would be a great opportunity for students who are interested in art and photography to come to my exhibition and see what I have been up to since the IB has finished.
I have attached a leaflet to inform you when and where my exhibition will be held. It would be great to see some familiar faces and to get some support from the people that have helped me get to where I am. If you could please forward this to teachers and students. For more information please visit my blog (http://elainedevries.blogspot.com/ ) which carefully explains every step that I have taken in order to get the exhibition up and running.
I wanted it to be quite formal although at the same time I wanted to explain that I am here because of their help. Hopefully they will be able to come to the exhibition as it will be great to see some familiar faces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment