Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Advertising...

With less than a month away until our opening night, we've got a lot of advertising to do. The leaflets have all been ordered and paid for so should arrive end of this week or start of next week. Once we have them we are going to decide who is going to distribute where and how many everyone is going to get.

Our bake sale is this Friday and I'm definitely looking forward to it. I have received 1 box of brownie mix which makes 64 brownies, 2 "fairy cakes" which make 12 each, 2 lemon cupcake boxes which make about 12 each. Adam has bought some more things including a strawberry cupcake mix which makes 36, a cookie mix for 16 cookies, and a chocolate fudge cupcake mix which makes 9. He also bought 200 napkins and all together this came to about £8. All we still need to get is milk, eggs, vegetable oil and butter. I have already got vegetable oil at mine as well as butter so I'll need about 400 ml of milk and 6 eggs. We will be baking in two houses, mine and Adams. I have got two ovens so I offered to do some baking. We are starting Thursday evening after our lecture and finishing Friday morning so they will be nice and fresh and hopefully still warm. 

I have also received some large plastic plates where we can present our treats on for a nice presentation, I also have about 4 baking trays so I can prepare everything in one go. We will have more than enough to sell at the bake sale, and personally I wouldn't mind if we had a few leftovers...

We have printed off a few leaflets for the bake sale and have been distributing them around Eldon, the Library and a few more University buildings. Since we haven't received our leaflets yet, we will be distributing the postcards I ordered from vista print. The post cards have the same image on them as the leaflets will have, but they are slightly smaller. This way people can take these with them and hopefully come and join us on the 8th! 

No comments:

Post a Comment