Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Monday, November 21, 2011

A1 Poster...

Both Tom and I have been playing around with an A1 poster design which we are going to hang on the wall of the exhibition. It will basically explain everyone's work in one go! The poster on the right is designed by Tom At first he didn't have the logo at the top of the poster so I suggested he should add that. I quite like the poster but I wasn't a big fan of having the text in this format. Another thing that was missing was a synopsis of the work. After this one Tom created another poster where he added the same background as the website has and added a little space where we could add a brief synopsis of the work. It looked a lot better although the layout of the text was still done in the same way. I thought I'd quickly make a poster (only A4 size to get the point across) to show Tom a different layout. 

The poster I created is quite different from Tom's creation. I thought it was important to have our logo at the top of the page. Laura and Tom argued that the logo didn't have to be as obvious because people will know where they are! I did agree with this at first but after thinking about it for a minute I realised that some people might have a stroll along Highland Road and pop in to see the exhibition without having a clue what it is about! The first paragraph shows the synopsis of the work. It's a very brief explanation about the work and doesn't go into much detail. This is followed by 9 boxes where we can each have our own text. I liked the fact that Tom added the website and email to his poster so we decided to keep that. 

In the end we decided to go with Tom's header of the poster and my layout to have a bit of both worlds. Tom is now busy creating this poster so I will post it when he's done! 

No comments:

Post a Comment