Today I spent the day cutting the black border off of my portfolio photos and putting them in the plastic sleeves. It took me a while! I had to cut off quite a thick border on the top and bottom and two very thin borders on either side. And then do that for 18 photos.....
Then sliding them into the sleeve was pretty difficult too, for some reason they just did not want to get in there! So, again, trying to do that to each photo was a bit of a pain.
BUT! Even though it was a struggle, it looks amazing! The photos are just the right size and fit in the sleeve perfectly. Because the paper was quite heavy, it feels like a very expensive portfolio. There is a lot of work in there, even though there are only 10 slides.
I have put the photos in a specific order, starting with my 7591 Miles project and my Succession project. All the photos following that are in the order from favourite to least favourite.
I'm so happy with the look of my portfolio, and I hope that my lecturers will like it too, since they're the ones marking it!
As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.