Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Monday, April 8, 2013

Jessops Package

Today I received a very very very heavy tube from JESSOPS! I love Jessops and was devastated when they went out of business, however a few weeks ago I received an email from them saying that Jessops photo is back online!! Wooo!! So since I needed to print my portfolio, I decided to just have a look at Jessops prices, and they were cheap. At photobox it would have cost me around £100 to get 20 A3 photos printed and at Jessops (thanks to the 40% discount offer) I only spent £40!

Anyway, so my portfolio photos arrived today and I am literally so excited!! They didn't have an exact A3 size, so I printed them slightly bigger with a black border which I will be cutting off myself. The photos looks amazing, and the quality is great too! A lot of the time my photos print off quite dark when I use online printing services, but these came out the exact colour as on my screen. They feel like they're very good quality and the paper is very thick. I'm so excited to put them in my box portfolio from silverprint! I tried to pair the photos together so you could kind of see how it would all look, but I have very limited space in the flat (especially with the drying rack out!) But you can kind of tell.

I'm so happy that Jessops is back in business, I will definitely be buying more things from them. And hopefully they'll re-open some stores too before I go to Australia!



No comments:

Post a Comment