Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

52 Week Photo Challenge

This post is a little bit late since I've been spending quite a bit of time working on my finals for the exhibition.

The theme of last week was "Utensil". I wasn't really thrilled about it since it's such a specific theme. You can't really interpret it in any other way... So being someone that doesn't like going for the obvious, I had real trouble figuring out what to do. In my kitchen I have this twisting rack where I keep all my utensils, so I thought it would be quite cool to take a slow shutter speed photo of that rack twisting. I took a few photos just testing it out, but I found that the images look better is they have more colour in it. So I removed all my black and boring coloured utensils and only kept the colourful ones in the photo.

I also played around with the shutter speed and the rotating speed. I started off with quite a long shutter speed (1.3 seconds) and rotated the utensils at a very quick speed. Although the colours looked quite cool, you couldn't identify the subject matter. So in the end I went with a shutter speed of 0.6 and twisted the rack very very slowly.

Even though I originally didn't like the theme, I do quite like the photo I've come up with. It isn't a portfolio worthy photo, but I definitely liked playing around with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment