Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Monday, November 5, 2012

Granted a Working Holiday Visa


Dear Desiree,
The Australian Working Holiday Visa for Desiree Elaine de Vries has been granted and recorded on the Australian government database.

I received an email from STA today telling me that my Working Holiday Visa application was granted! This basically means that I got my visa and I will be allowed to go to Australia for a year! I applied for it really early, just in case anything went wrong, and I didn't think it would be this quick.

The visa will be valid for a year today, so I will have to go to Australia before the 6th of November. The 12 months start once I have entered Australia. Our plans is to go around the 1st of September. With this visa I will be allowed to work for one employer for up to six months.

The next step is getting the flights. We've been looking at quite a few different flights, but like I mentioned earlier we'll be going to Dubai and Singapore along the way to break up the flight. At the moment we're looking at about £712 for a one way, but hopefully we'll be able to find something cheaper. As soon as we've found a deal we're happy with we'll book the flight!

We have also started looking into things like travel insurance, tours around Australia, places we want to visit as well as how expensive it is to rent in Melbourne, what types of jobs are out there etc. We have made a list of the things we definitely want to do in Australia:
1. Learn to surf
2. Go snorkelling in the Great Barrier Reef
3. Learn to Dive
4. See rock Uluru and Alice Springs
5. Walk the Harbour Bridge in Sydney
6. Go to Byron Bay
7. Kangaroo Island
8. Fraser Island
9. Whitsunday's Island
10. Great Ocean Drive
11. Brisbane
.....etc!

No comments:

Post a Comment