Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Acrylic vs Aluminium

 It took quite a while for the acrylic and aluminium prints to arrive, but I’m happy that I tested it before spending lots of money on getting a big print. The aluminium (left) is quite disappointing. It could be because the image is meant to be a lot larger, but it seems the quality of the photograph is horrible! The paper on which the photo is printed isn’t very nice either. The acrylic on the other hand is fantastic. The photo looks amazing, and unlike the aluminium print the quality is great too.


For my final I will definitely get the photo mounted on acrylic. The photo, again, did turn out quite dark. On my screen the photo looks fine, but everytime I get it printed it looks really dark so I’ll have to fix that before I get the final printed.



No comments:

Post a Comment