Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Queen Victoria Market

The two main markets is Melbourne are the South Melbourne Market and the Queen Victoria Market. In the summer both markets have special night markets, where instead of an ordinary market it turns into tons of restaurant stalls. Unfortunately I didn't go to the South Melbourne night market, but I did have a few trips to the Queen Victoria Night market!

It was overwhelmingly busy, as you can see from the photo. The photo to the left is where all the food places were located, they were all in a single column running from one end to the other. To either side there were seating areas and some crafty stalls. There was a huge variety of food including Malaysian food, Australian burgers, Indian, Mexican, etc. The night market is open every Wednesday evening during the summer.

When we were in Singapore we had the most delicious food ever, and haven't had it since. Until we went here! The Malaysian food stall had prata roti (is a fried flour-based pancake that is cooked over a flat grill. It is usually served with a vegetable or meat based curry). Super tasty.

Even though it's incredibly busy, there wasn't a long wait for the food, and the great thing about this stall is that it was made for you on the spot.


The second time we went we decided to try something else. We got a crocodile and a kangaroo burger. Pretty crazy, but when you're in Australian you can't not try it! Honestly, it wasn't great, but worth a try!



 The market is amazing and would definitely be in my list of top 10 things to do when you're in Melbourne. It was a really great atmosphere and the different types of food are delicious. There was also live entertainment and the shopping stalls had some amazing and unique things. It's a shame it's only during the summer because I'd love to go back!


No comments:

Post a Comment