Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Friday, February 1, 2013

Business Boom

"Business Boom Collective is the ideal place to see features of up-and-coming and freelance creatives from the UK and beyond. In collaboration with a collection of modern and slick websites including Business Boom Bolton, The Mancunianist as well as our latest store feature, I Think I Need I Want, it is the perfect place to read up on the brightest individuals and most current businesses linked to the worlds of fashion, photography, art, design and more."

Everyone kept telling me how great Twitter was and such, but now I've experienced it first hand. One of my friends on the course retweeted a status by Business Boom and having your work featured on their website. As an up and coming photographer who's trying to make it out, of course I'd want my work featured! I immediately sent them an email with my website and within a couple of hours they replied that they really liked my Rubber Duck series and they'd "love to put something together for you". They asked me to write a bit about myself, my education, inspirations, aspirations etc. I've just written a short piece including a bit about my rubber duck series, my The Netherlands photos and of course my Succession project. I can't wait to see what it all looks like!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment