Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Motion Blur

I want to get as many motion blur photoshoots as possible before I return to Portsmouth in the 5th. For my Succession project, I had 9 photoshoots before Uni even started! And that project has turned out pretty well. This way I'll be completely on top of my work and won't have to stress about it in the new year. Another reason for starting it so early is because I want to have as many different photos as possible - different colours, compositions, speeds, etc. This project is all about testing and experimentation.


My second shoot was last weekend in Chobham Common. It was a beautiful sunny day which created interesting shapes on the trees. The two images in this post are my favourites of the day. They are completely different to the first shoot in Horsell Common. Those images were quite dark, whereas these are very light. The top left images is very interesting, although taken in a very different style. It's not as straight as the other images, but I decided to keep it as one of my favourites because it's still very abstract. Instead of pointing at the trees and the bark, I looked at the top of the pine trees. It still has the look of a painting which is what I wanted to achieve. The photo to the right is a lot more similar to the images from the first shoot. I like the colours in the photo - the darker blue at the top, going into a very light blue and then changing into a light green/brown. To the left of the photo is just a hint of sunlight, which my eye immediately goes towards. I like how the trees go from the top to the bottom of the images, whereas everything that surrounds the trees are chopped into three sections.

No comments:

Post a Comment